টপিকঃ HSC Suggestion
H.S.C Final Suggestions-2010
Sub: English 1st & 2nd Papers
Full Marks: 100 & 100
Paragraph: (Q: 13 OR 11)
01. International Mother Language Day * 02. Corruption/Corruption free Bangladesh **
03. Traffic Jam / Police * 04. Independence Day / Victory Day 05. Gender Discrimination ** 06. Your Favourite Hobby 07. A Book Fair * 08. Price Hike *** 09. Effects of Dowry / Dowry System ** 10. Digital Bangladesh *** 11. Impact of Satellite Television 12. Environment Pollution * 13. Globalisation * 14. Computer & Internet Communications 15. Load Shedding * 16. Impact of Deforestation *** 17. Drug Addiction 18. Natural Disasters in Bangladesh ** 19. Leisure / Common Pastimes 20. Greenhouse Effect / Global Warming ** 21. Rootless / Street Children in Bangladesh * 22. Mobile Phone ***
Composition Writing: (Q: 10)
01. Tree Plantation / Afforestation ** 02. Computer & Digital Bangladesh *** 03. Childhood Memories *** 04. Celebrating Birthday / Wedding Ceremony * 05. Experience of a Long Journey by Bus / Boat 06. Students and Social Services 07. Liberation War of Bangladesh / The Birth of Bangladesh * 08. A Picnic That You Enjoyed 09. Unemployment Problem ** 10. The Memorable Event in Your Life * 11. Exciting Cricket / Football Match You’ve Enjoyed 12. Population Problem ** 13. Celebration of the Victory Day / Independence Day * 14. Wonders of Modern Science ** 15. Your Homeland / Attractions of Bangladesh ** 16. Child Labour in Bangladesh ** 17. Prize-giving Ceremony / Annual Sports at Your College * 18. A Cultural Function You Attended 19. Visiting a Science Fair / Book Fair / Zoo / Historical Place ** 20. Unfair Means in the examination * 21. Roles of Women / Women’s Struggle in the Society 22. Physical Exercise **
Letter Writing: (Q: 11)
01. Experienced journalists / proofreaders wanted 02. Overseas employees needed 03. Lecturer / Senior teacher / Tuition wanted 04. Land / Office space wanted 05. Management trainees / Cash officer / AGM in a bank wanted 06. Marketing Manager in a mobile company 07. Merchandiser / Quality controller in a garment factory 08. Social business letter to the customer 09. Becoming English News Caster in a TV channel 10. Enquiry for admission in a foreign university 11. To UP chairman for constructing a bridge / road / culvert 12. Immigration to Canada 13. Sales girl / Governess / Representative / Receptionist wanted 14. Program officer / Area manager in an NGO 15. To the Principal for a study tour / debating club/ literary club/ staging drama / canteen /Common Room / cultural function 16. Admission in French Language Course / Computer Course / HSC Coaching / Spoken English 17. To the newspaper editor on mosquito problem / load shedding / price hike / garbage management / traffic jam
Dialogue Writing: (Q: 12)
01. Watching satellite television and its effects 02. Preparation for the Test / HSC Exam
03. Dangers of smoking 04. How to open a bank account 05. Experience of a tour / About SAARC tour 06. AIDS and its effects 07. You and the receptionist at a hotel 08. Causes and effects of acid-throwing 09. Unemployment problem / Population problem 10. Bad effects of deforestation 11. Exciting cricket / football match you’ve enjoyed 12. Caretaker Government 13. Celebration of the Victory Day / Independence Day 14. Doctor and patient / Teacher and student 15. Landlord and tenant 16. Child labour in Bangladesh 17. High price of all commodities 18. Customer and shopkeeper 19. Importance of newspaper / internet / English / travelling / computer
Story Writing: (Q: 13)
01. The golden touch (King Midas) 02. A lesson for the ungrateful tiger 03. The lion and the shadow / The fall of an autocrat 04. The fox and the crow 05. Day dreaming bears no fruits 06. The magic turban 07. The judgement of the Kazi and Nasiruddin Hojja 08. A witty courtier Birbal 09. The smell of soup and the sound of money 10. Determination needed to keep promise 11. Triumph of love over money and power 12. Subal’s fight with a tiger 13. Black will take no other hue 14. As you sow, so you reap 15. Two friends and bear in the jungle 16. Hare and tortoise 17. A stitch in time saves nine 18. A thirsty crow’s drinking from a jar 19. A sleeping lion and the little mouse 20. The woodcutter and the water-goddess 21. The punishment of a dishonest rice-seller / Tit for tat 22. The cock and the fox 23. Beowulf and the sea monsters 24. A shopkeeper’s brave deed 25. A forgetful professor to celebrate his marriage day 26. To rescue a drowning boy 27. The wisdom of King Solomon 28. The revenge of an English poet / Tit for tat 29. Sheikh Saadi began to feed his dress 30. King Lear and his three ...
U-01 L-3: In the past, the common form of marriage .....dilemma for them. *
U-01 L-3: Hello. My name’s Charles Karoro ........can be very difficult at times.
U-01 L-5: The present age is marked not only .....in modern times. *
U-03 L-1: ‘Communicative competence’ refers to the ability .....designed to do. ***
U-04 L-1: The Chinese put a lot of emphasis on ......leisure activities there.
U-04 L-5: The village Somal, nestling away ......under the Banyan tree.
U-05 L-6: His name was Jerry; he had been at ......firm granite of his character. *
U-06 L-1: The environment refers to the air, water .... kinds of natural disasters. **
U-06 L-2: The world is producing millions of .....for further pollution. **
U-06 L-3: In recent years, there have been ......go under water. **
U-06 L-4: Humans, animals, and plants are ........to be kind to mankind. **
U-06 L-5: Every year million of people .......to avert these unnecessary diseases.
U-07 L-5: How safe will the buildings in the .......to reduce the losses. ***
U-08 L-3: The unit by which the loudness of sound .......heard inside the buildings. **
U-09 L-1: Education is the process by .......How right he was! **
U-09 L-3: Bangladesh is a small country but .......affect academic progress. *
U-10 L-1: Television has become the most .......learning style too.
U-10 L-4: There have been significant changes .......sports entertainment.
U-11 L-1: A society’s culture is made up of all ........is considered inappropriate.
U-11 L-2: In Kuwait, men and women wear .......jeans and T-shirt.
U-11 L-7: The British have a reputation for ........British colleges and universities.
U-12 L-1: Shaheed Dr. Shamsuzzoha is ........breathed his last at 4 p.m. *
U-12 L-3: Rabindranath, the fourteenth child ........qualifications of distinction.
U-12 L-4: Hamidur Rahman was the man who .......admiration and pride.
U-12 L-6: Stephen Hawking was born ........his physical well-being.
U-14 L-1: Literacy as a skill was .......skills within a particular culture. *
U-14 L-3: One very conspicuous change in .......twice over in order to survive. *
U-15 L-2: Education is one of the basic needs .........for social development. *
U-15 L-3: Working opportunities for women .........created by the ILO project. *
U-16 L-1: The Sangsad Bhaban .......poor country like Bangladesh. *
U-16 L-3: It has been over three hundred years .......on moonlit night.
U-16 L-4: The Great Wall of China is .....during the Ming dynasty.
U-16 L-5: The 4,607-mile long Trans-Siberian ......of European Russia.
U-16 L-6: Manhattan, the commercial centre of New York, ......symbol of New York.
U-16 L-7: An underground is an electrically ........systems in other cities too.
U-18 L-2: Though a small country, Bangladesh .......21-member international committee.
U-18 L-5: The Iron Bridge across England’s .......as a World Heritage Site.
U-20 L-2: An efficient banking system,........ Bangladesh and in other countries. ***
U-20 L-3: Ismail Hossain is .......recognition for his outstanding success.”
U-21 L-1: ‘Globalisation’ has become a buzzword .....better place to live in. ***
U-21 L-2: Capitalism developed in the European ......allow this to happen? **
U-21 L-3: Globalisation is now largely based on .......makes possible. *
U-21 L-4: Sports are a popular form of entertainment ......big way to this. *
U-21 L-5: Although globalisation is mainly connected ......cultural identity.
U-21 L-6: The process of globalisation obviously requires .......of the language. *
U-22 L-2: Scientists have always wondered if there ........to Earth by these probes. *
U-22 L-4: Scientists have been experimenting with .........Russians in 1971.
U-22 L-5: A ‘Geostationary’ orbit moves in a .....magnetic and electrical fields.
U-23 L-1: The last century is over, but it will ......positive human achievement. **
U-23 L-2: The most significant event for ........against injustice and oppression. **
U-23 L-3: Feeding the ever growing population ........firms and institutions.
U-24 L-4: Gender discrimination in Bangladesh begins ........own individual life. *